Connexion
La date/heure actuelle est Jeu 18 Oct - 17:37 (2018)
Voir les messages sans réponses
and seven hits in 5 1-3 innings with six

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Eternal Ørigins Index du Forum -> Information -> Ambassade
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep - 03:04 (2018)
Sujet du message: and seven hits in 5 1-3 innings with six
Répondre en citant

ST. LOUIS - For a brief second, Tampa Bay right-hander Jake Odorizzi could swear he was at Tropicana Field. Odorizzi, pitching 33 miles from his hometown of Highland, Illinois, allowed two runs over 5 2-3 innings and Yunel Escobar highlighted a five-run fifth inning with a two-run double to lead the Rays to a 7-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night. It was the Rays season-high sixth straight win. They have outscored the opposition 36-11 during the run. Odorizzi, pitching in St. Louis for the first time in his career, had as many as 500 supporters in the crowd of 43,623. The group made plenty of noise for its hometown hero when he left the game. "It was pretty loud when I came out," he said. "There were a lot of people standing up. I figured I had to tip my hat to them. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out from my town." Evan Longoria added a solo homer in the ninth for Tampa Bay. St. Louis ace Adam Wainwright, making his first appearance since starting for the NL in the All-Star game, gave up six runs, four earned, in 4 2-3 innings. Wainwright (12-5) was trying to become the first 13-game winner in the NL. He walked four and hit a batter in his second-shortest outing of the season. He allowed seven earned runs in 4 1-3 innings in a 9-4 loss to San Francisco on May 30. "That (fifth) inning was a train wreck," Wainwright said. "Its hard to explain things weird like that happening. Every now and then, you have a really crazy inning like that." Manager Mike Matheny agreed, "We just couldnt stop the bleeding," he said. "That inning, he just couldnt get through it." Matt Carpenter and Matt Holliday hit solo home runs for the Cardinals. But the night belonged to Odorizzi, who gave up five hits, struck out eight and walked three in improving to 4-1 over his last seven starts. He has allowed three earned runs or less in 15 of 20 starts this season. He gave up a leadoff homer to Carpenter on his fifth pitch of the night and then settled down with four successive scoreless innings. "I was nervous in the first," he said. "But things got better." Odorizzi said his defence supplied the turning point. After giving up the homer, he walked Kolten Wong. But catcher Jose Molina threw out Wong stealing. Desmond Jennings then made a nice running catch in centre field. Odorizzi took over from there giving up two hits over the next four frames. "He was a little amped early," manager Joe Maddon said. "But then he started making some great pitches." Tampa Bay first baseman James Loney said Odorizzi displayed his character in battling back. "It just shows you what kind of guy he is," Loney said. The Rays won their seventh successive road game, one shy of tying the franchise record. Odorizzi outduelled Wainwright in a rematch of a June 10 game that the Cardinals won 1-0. The Rays sent 10 batters to the plate in chasing Wainwright in the fifth. Matt Joyce broke a 1-1 tie with a run-scoring double. Wainwright, who walked three, hit a batter and committed a costly error in the inning, walked Loney one batter later with the bases loaded. Escobar followed with a ground-rule double to push the lead to 5-1. Odorizzi, in his first major league at-bat, executed a perfect squeeze bunt in the second. Maddon was ejected in the third inning by home plate umpire Mark Ripperger. Maddon was arguing a called third strike on Ben Zobrist from the dugout. It was Maddons fourth ejection of the season and 36th with the Rays. "It was a misunderstanding," Maddon said. "Their pitcher started yelling at (our) dugout and Im yelling back at him and the umpire thinks Im yelling at the umpire and he kicks me out." Wainwright admitted to barking toward the Rays bench. But he said he was ready to continue pitching and was upset that Maddon continued to command Rippergers attention. "It was the first time I ever did that," Wainwright said. "I was ready to pitch and I thought it was time for us to move on and I said so." NOTES: Carpenters homer leading off the game was his second of the season and fourth of his career. It broke an 0-for-13 skid. ... Struggling St. Louis OF Allen Craig started consecutive games for the first time since July 5. ...Tampa Bay is making only its second trip to St. Louis. The Cardinals won two of three from the Rays May 16-18, 2008. ... Maddon batted Odorizzi eighth in the batting order to keep OF Kevin Kiermaier in the No. 9 hole. Kiermaier is 12 for 23 in his last eight games. ... Cardinals RHP Lance Lynn (11-6, 3.13) will face RHP Alex Cobb (5-6, 4.08) in the finale of the two-game series Wednesday. ... Odorizzi is second among AL rookies with 124 strikeouts. Adam Duvall Jersey .com) - Marian Gaborik scored his sixth goal in the last four games to help the Los Angeles Kings top the Arizona Coyotes, 4-2, Saturday at Staples Center. Scott Schebler Jersey .com) - Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns each scored 12 points in the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 70-55 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide. http://www.redsgearshop.com/Reds-Chris-Sabo-Kids-Jersey/ . - Jordan Addesis shootout goal helped the Plymouth Whalers to a 3-2 win over the Sault Ste. Johnny Bench Jersey .com) - They didnt meet in the regular season, so Sam Houston State might be saying it won the de facto title game between the two Southland Conference co-champions Saturday. Ken Griffey Jersey . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs. CHICAGO -- Down 0-2 in the count in the 11th inning, Leury Garcia did something surprising: He bunted for a base hit. What happened next was even more unexpected. Garcia scored on a balk and a pair of wild pitches by Samuel Deduno, giving Chicago White Sox a 7-6 win over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday. Before a crowd of just 10,625, Chicago came back from a 6-4 deficit in the ninth on Garcias run-scoring single off Glen Perkins and Adam Eatons RBI grounder. Garcia said he made the call on his own to try and bunt even though the count was against him. "You have to work on it," Garcia said. "Ive been working and that was the perfect time to do it, and I do it. It was perfect." The speedy Garcia bunted up the third-base line on an 0-2 pitch leading off the 11th and took second when, with Eaton at the plate, Deduno (0-1) never came to a set position and balked. Eaton struck out, Deduno bounced an outside pitch that hit off Suzukis glove as Garcia advanced, and Marcus Semien took a called third strike. After an intentional walk to Jose Abreu, Deduno threw way outside on a 3-2 to pitch to Adam Dunn, and the ball hit off Suzukis glove as Garcia came home. Ronald Belisario (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 hitless innings for the win. "You get momentum from that," manager Robin Ventura said. "There are ways to hit a home run and win a game, and theres another way to manufacture it and come back. By coming back and then you win later, I dont know how many times we did that last year, not many. You end up doing something that feels new and feels fresh for these guys." Dunns solo homer in the eighth off Jared Burton pulled the White Sox to 6-5, but Kurt Suzuki hit a run-scoring double in the ninth against Daniel Wenn for a two-run cushion. The game was delayed during the top of the seventh after Eaton appeared to catch Oswaldo Arcias fly ball to centre and then dropped it when he went to grrab the ball from his glove.dddddddddddd The play was ruled a catch, but the Twins challenged the call and it was overturned by a replay umpire in New York. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said the long delay forced him to pull starting pitcher Kevin Correia earlier than he wanted. "We were definitely going to challenge," Gardenhire said. "The length of it couldnt be helped from what I heard but it took too long for everybody involved." White Sox left-hander Felipe Paulino, back from elbow and shoulder surgery, made his first start since June 6, 2012, against Minnesota as a member of the Kansas City Royals. He allowed two runs -- one earned -- and seven hits in 5 1-3 innings with six strikeouts and two walks. Paulino laboured at times and threw 109 pitches. Twins starter Kevin Correia gave up three runs -- two earned -- and five hits in six innings with five strikeouts and a walked. It wasnt really a situation where I couldnt go back out there," Correia said. "It was 35 degrees, and I dont know how long that inning was taking already. But it pretty much came down to that review. Without that review, I definitely think Im going back out there." Trevor Plouffe had three RBIs for the Twins, who took a 5-3 lead with a three-run seventh. Alexei Ramirez had a two-run double for the Whiter Sox. NOTES: Twins reliever Casey Fien was diagnosed with a bruised left ankle when hit on a ball up the middle off Eatons bat ending the seventh inning. ... White Sox C Adrian Nieto made his major league debut as a pinch runner in the ninth. ... White Sox 3B Conor Gillaspie (flu) was scratched from the lineup. ... LHP Jose Quintana starts for the White Sox in the series finale against the Twins, who start RHP Hughes in his Twins debut. ... Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said pitcher Brian Duensing (paternity leave) was to arrive in Chicago on Wednesday night and be activated before Thursdays game. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep - 03:04 (2018)
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Eternal Ørigins Index du Forum -> Information -> Ambassade Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation